Re: Cell arrays of strings in "sort" and "unique"

From: Alois Schloegl
Subject: Re: Cell arrays of strings in "sort" and "unique"
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 11:16:36 +0200

John W. Eaton wrote:

On 16-Sep-2004, Alois Schloegl <address@hidden> wrote:

| This means, from a users-point-of-view, SORT can put NaNs in the | beginning or at the end - it does not really matter.

If it does not really matter where they go, then they might as well be
placed in a way that is compatible with the other leading brand.  That
way, people can expect consistent results when they move their code to
Octave.

jwe

Yes, of course. I tried only to constitute a reasing that does not require any reference to the "other leading brand". IMHO, the outcome of such kind of reasoning should be the basis for the decision.

Alois