Re: funds to UW trust

From: Keith Goodman
Subject: Re: funds to UW trust
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 08:51:52 -0700

I bet the (US) government (directly and indirectly) spends millions on
Matlab. A small government grant to Octave now could pay off
handsomely in the future.

Is Octave something that the NSF would support? (They probably already
do---at least indirectly.)

On a separate note, we could raise funds and awareness by creating
T-shirts, mugs, and caps at http://www.cafepress.com. Who wouldn't
want to attend a free Matlab seminar with an Octave cap on?