Re: [OctDev] list of primes using D. Bernsteins fast primegen library

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: [OctDev] list of primes using D. Bernsteins fast primegen library
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 15:50:12 -0400

On 14-Jun-2006, David Bateman wrote:

| Yes, the license needs to be checked..

OK, DJB has some interesting ideas about licenses, and some
(incomeplete) information here: http://cr.yp.to/distributors.html.
Note that he doesn't think he needs to use an explicit license (or
apparently any other identifying marks in most files).  He also states
that "Some of my software is in the public domain" but that's a fairly
useless statement since we don't know which software he considers to
have this status, and without an explicit statement, we can't assume
anything other than the normal copyright (I would assume at least no
unauthorized redistribution).