Re: Re: Sparse matrix problem

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: Re: Sparse matrix problem
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 09:45:58 -0700

On 1/4/07, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:

| BTW, if I compile it with optimization on it would give (inf, inf).

Then that definitely seems like a bug, since I don't think we should
see a difference like that just because of compiler optimizations.

I do not dispute that this is a bug. Perhaps this difference
even amplifies the fact that this is an issue with the compiler --
result of a conformant program should not change depending on
optimization level. But perhaps this test
program is not the representative for the issues with octave, since
octave is compiled with optimization on...

jwe

Sincerely,

Dmitri.