Octave/Win32 update

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Octave/Win32 update
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 16:37:49 -0500

On 29-Jan-2007, address@hidden wrote:

|       - Include additional packages from \"extra/\" subdir
|   of octave-forge
|     . NaN
|     . Windows
|     . civil
|     . integration
|     . mapping
|     . soctcl (not functional as \"listen\" is not
|       implemented for Windows)
|     . symband
|     . tsa
|       - Add README and octave-forge links in programs menu

I would like to request that we not distribute add-ons that replace
functions that are already found in Octave without at least letting
the user know that this has happened.  If the functions in Octave
Forge that use the same names as functions that are already in Octave
are better than the ones in Octave, then we should work to include
them in the core Octave distribution to eliminate the duplication.