plotyy problems and change proposal

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: plotyy problems and change proposal
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2007 17:09:39 +0100

Hi,

I tried to use plotyy in JHandles but faced some problems:

1) plotyy sets "position" to the "outerposition" value, which by default is
[0 0 1 1] in normalized units; this is of course not what you want to do
if you really interpret those properties as Matlab does: setting position to
[0 0 1 1] will make the axes to fill the whole figure and put the tick marks
outside the figure area. For JHandles, what I would do instead is to set
the position of the second axes to the one of the first axes, and set
"activepositionproperty" to "position" for both axes.

2) the second axes should get "color" set to "none", otherwise you don't
see the first axes behind it.

Michael.