Re: GUD octave support

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: GUD octave support
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 13:15:54 +1300

 > | OK, how about the following patch?  With this change, the command line
 > | could be
 > |
 > |   octave --persist --eval "__gud_mode__ (true)"
 > |
 > | I'm not sure I'm printing C-z correctly.  If not, then please fix and
 > | submit a patch.
 >
 > Oops, this time with the patch.

I don't currently have a CVS version of Octave.  Could you please post a
transcript of a typical use case run from the command line?  This would help
verify that the patch DTRT but also help me understand how debugging works in
Octave.

If anyone has CVS Octave and CVS Emacs (Daniel?) a possible quick check is to
see what happens in CVS Emacs if you replace gdb in M-x gdb with the above
expression, i.e.

M-x gdb
Run gdb (like this): octave --persist --eval "__gud_mode__ (true)" yourscript.m

Unfortunately Emacs 21.x or 22.1 won't parse an option with a space in it
correctly.

Daniel,

If you can create a patch for gud.el (against the EMACS_22_BASE branch) that
works with John's patch for Octave we could try to get into Emacs for the
release of 22.2.

Otherwise I will try to checkout CVS Octave, but it won't be anytime soon.