Behaviour of 'pkg prefix'

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Behaviour of 'pkg prefix'
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 15:37:46 +0100

Hi,
  Currently if I run
    pkg("prefix", "/some/dir")
my installation prefix is changed but the architecture dependent prefix
remains unchanged. I find this counter-intuitive. I would think that the
above code would set both the architecture dependent and independent
prefixes. I would find the following API more intuitive:
    pkg("prefix", "/independent/dir")   :  sets both 'prefix' and
'archprefix' to "/independent/dir".
    pkg("prefix", "/independent/dir", "/dependent/dir")   :  sets
'prefix' to "/independent/dir", and 'archprefix' to "/dependent/dir".
    pkg("prefix", "/independent/dir", "")   :  sets 'prefix' to
"/independent/dir", and leaves 'archprefix' unchanged.
    pkg("prefix", "", "/dependent/dir")   :  leaves 'prefix' unchanged,
and sets 'archprefix' to "/dependent/dir".

Any thoughts?
Søren