debian Octave 3.0 package not contain mkoctfile?

From: Thomas L. Scofield
Subject: debian Octave 3.0 package not contain mkoctfile?
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 14:12:33 -0400

Well, now mkoctfile IS there on this linux box.  I was pretty sure that I checked before installing the debian octave-image package and found it not to be there.  But the time stamp on the image package files is about 9 minutes later than the time stamp for mkoctfile, so it must have been one of those earlier packages I installed that supplied it.  Nevertheless, the time stamp still rules out that it came with the Octave 3.0 debian package.  That hardly seems like it would be by design.

Thomas L. Scofield
Associate Professor
Calvin College