Re: classdef support for octave

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: classdef support for octave
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 11:31:28 +0200

Michael Goffioul wrote:
(OK, not many reactions so far. I guess it's low priority...)

To answer myself, I think that the implementation should be
more tightly coupled to the symbol table code of octave. I'll
try to redesign the code that way (but it'll take some time as
it requires jumping into the intrinsics of symtab.[h|cc]). At first
sight, my first idea is to add a cls_info object to store class
specific informations, managing dispatching and inheritance
as well as class reloading.

I'll see what comes out of this. Any help is of course welcome.

No comments not because of lack of interest but because my minds on other things.. I think it would be great to have classdef support for 3.2 if its relatively easy to implement as you imply.

D.

Motorola Labs - Paris +33 1 69 35 48 04 (Ph) Parc Les Algorithmes, Commune de St Aubin +33 6 72 01 06 33 (Mob) 91193 Gif-Sur-Yvette FRANCE +33 1 69 35 77 01 (Fax) The information contained in this communication has been classified as: [x] General Business Information [ ] Motorola Internal Use Only [ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary