Re: [Changeset] make symbol_table:; find_function also find class specif

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: [Changeset] make symbol_table:; find_function also find class specific functions
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 00:37:10 +0200

John W. Eaton wrote:
On 28-Sep-2008, David Bateman wrote:

| Matlab allows thing like
| | help @myclass/myfunc
| type @myclass/myfunc
| dbstop @myclas/myfunc
| | to work and give the help, text and set the breakpoints in the class | specific version of a function. The obvious change to allow this is tho | change the symbol_table::find_function methods such that if the first | character of the function name being looked for is "@" then it is | assumed to be a class specific method that is requested and return that | regardless of the arguments passed to the function. | | This works for the help, type etc command and sets the breakpoints | correctly, as dbstatus returns the positions of the newly set | breakpoints. However the code doesn't break correctly yet in the class | specific method, and I'm not sure why. Any ideas?

I applied the changeset.

Setting breakpoints in class methods worked for me, but not class
constructors.  I think the following change should fix that problem.

Thanks,

jwe

In fact I was trying to stop in the subsref method and that apparently still doesn't work. I thought the issue was general but as you pointed out it isn't.

Other methods that I can't set a breakpoint in include subsasgn, vertcat, horzcat (even called directly and not through the [] operator). basically any operator. I can stop in methods like reshape, size, any, all, etc.

So I think there are still some issues to address here. Though at least its partly working :-)

Cheers
David

35 rue Gambetta                              +33 1 46 04 02 18 (Home)
92100 Boulogne-Billancourt FRANCE            +33 6 72 01 06 33 (Mob)