Traceback when contacting repository

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Traceback when contacting repository
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 10:48:25 -0500

On 12-Nov-2008, Thomas Weber wrote:

| I currently get the following traceback on
| http://velveeta.che.wisc.edu/cgi-bin/hgwebdir.cgi/octave/
|
| Traceback (most recent call last):
|   File "/usr/lib/cgi-bin/hgwebdir.cgi", line 50, in <module>
|     wsgicgi.launch(wsgiapplication(make_web_app))
| [...]
|   File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/mercurial/demandimport.py", line
83, in _demandimport
|     return _origimport(name, globals, locals, fromlist)
| ImportError: No module named _md5
|
| Same for the other two repositories there.

I noticed this problem yesterday and tried to fix it but had no luck.
Now I've run

  apt-get update
  apt-get upgrade

again today and this installed new libssl0.9.8 and openssl packages.
Now it seems to be working for me.  Does it work now for you?

BTW, the central archive is the one on savannah, and is the one that
other contributors also push to, so you should use the savannah
archive if possible.  The archive on velveeta is a mirror of the
savannah archive, but it is only updated when I push changes there.