Re: Code generation with an octave interface

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Code generation with an octave interface
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 18:36:13 -0600

2008/11/18 Jaroslav Hajek <address@hidden>:
> Many numeric classes in Octave, in particular everything derived from
> Array<T> (such as the Matrix class), are actually pointers to
> reference-counted data, using copy-on-write mechanism, so that a
> read-only copy is always cheap.

Btw, this reminded me... I have tried digging around the Octave
source, and maybe I just haven't tried hard enough, but I still get
really lost there. So now I ask...

Is there a document somewhere that outlines in the broadest meaningful
strokes possible, how the Octave source is laid out? I know there have
been requests and talks before of documenting the code before, and I
know how much work that is, but I don't want any kind of detail, just
a rough, "visitor's guide", shall we say.

I've run Doxgyen through Octave in an effort to better visualise
what's going on, but I still get lost. :-(

Thanks,
- Jordi G. H.