Re: patches for 3.0.x

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: patches for 3.0.x
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 08:55:18 +0100

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 4:27 PM, Marco Atzeri <address@hidden> wrote:

> --- Jaroslav Hajek  ha scritto:
>
>> hello everybody,
>>
>> as you may have noticed, there are only 4 patches
>> applied to 3.0.x
>> series in the last 5 weeks. I had little time
>> recently, because we
>> have been blessed with a baby (or is "by a baby" the
>> correct
>> English?).
>> I think most patches of the last couple of weeks are
>> not intended for
>> 3.0.x branch (graphics etc), but it's almost certain
>> that I have
>> missed some patches that are. Please, if you think a
>> particular patch
>> should be applied to 3.0.x (bug & doc fixes), please
>> point me to it so
>> that 3.0.x can catch up again.
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> --
>> RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek
>
> Hi Jaroslav,
> I would like to propose these two patches,
> that simplify my life as cygwin maintainer.
>
> http://www-old.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/octave-maintainers/2008-November/009453.html
>
> http://www-old.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/octave-maintainers/2008-November/009454.html
>
> let me know if I need to add or clean
> anything.

Are these intended for the development tree as well? If yes, then I'd
prefer to wait for that and then transplant.
I think I can apply the first patch to development tree, if you're OK with that.
 In the second discussion, there appears to be an unaddressed
objection by JWE - can you comment on that?

cheers

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek
computing expert