Re: Lets move discussions about OctaveDE to the Sourceforge forums for O

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: Lets move discussions about OctaveDE to the Sourceforge forums for OctaveDE
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2008 22:09:23 +0100

lor, 06 12 2008 kl. 12:24 -0500, skrev John Swensen:
> I intend to make a re-release with (1) and (2) fixed.  I am not a
> autotools wizard, so I never know if my solution is "right" or if it
> is just a kludge to get it working.

Yeah, I can't figure all the auto-stuff out either.

>   (2) is caused by the fact that I
> need -lutil explicitly for Linux machines.

Okay, I added that to my LDFLAGS, which was fine to get it going.

Now that I got it going, I have a few questions :-)

1) Why is the terminal black with white text? IMHO that looks quite
out-of-place. I'm attaching a patch that changes this, in case you
agree.

2) I don't really understand the quiting part of the program. Why not
simply call 'exit' in 'OctaveUI::onQuit' ? I re-implemented the 'onQuit'
function as

  void OctaveUI::onQuit(void)
    {
      vector<string> commands;
      commands.push_back ("exit");
      onCommandExecute (commands);
    }

and it seems to work just fine. Of course, since I don't understand the
code, I'm probably missing something obvious :-)

3) For some reason I cannot change the size of the main window. Is this
a known problem?

Soren