Re: the competition's expm vs ours

From: Marco Caliari
Subject: Re: the competition's expm vs ours
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 17:54:40 +0100 (CET)

Dear Jaroslav,

I can't fully test because of the balance change, but I think it is OK. I would only remove line 112

 a(a == -Inf) = -realmax;

It was just a tricky idea to manage the -Inf case (see http://www.nabble.com/Octave-hangup-for-expm-with-non-finite-arguments-tt14914598.html#a14960331). The trick with a2 is exactly what I tried some days ago to improve the code.

Best regards,

Marco