Re: corrections and improvements to the manual

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: corrections and improvements to the manual
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 14:48:53 +0100

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 11:53 AM, Francesco Potortì <address@hidden> wrote:
> As I wrote some days ago, in the past few months I have sent several
> changesets for correcting or improving parts of the manual and help
> strings.  I have many more in my queue of things to do for Octave, but I
> am not working on them partly because I see that my previous changesets
> are still waiting.
>
> Is there anything I can do to push them?
>
> Here is the list of the mail messages I sent with a changeset in them:
>
> <http://www-old.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/bug-octave/2008-September/006913.html>
> <http://www-old.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/bug-octave/2008-September/006931.html>
> <http://www-old.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/bug-octave/2008-September/006954.html>
> <http://www-old.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/bug-octave/2008-September/006959.html>
> <http://www-old.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/bug-octave/2008-September/006968.html>
> <http://www-old.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/bug-octave/2008-September/006971.html>
> <http://www-old.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/bug-octave/2008-September/006976.html>
> <http://www-old.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/bug-octave/2008-October/007036.html>
> <http://www-old.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/bug-octave/2008-October/007089.html>
> <http://www-old.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/bug-octave/2008-October/007109.html>
> <http://www-old.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/bug-octave/2008-October/007115.html>
> <http://www-old.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/bug-octave/2008-October/007124.html>
> <http://www-old.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/octave-maintainers/2008-December/009671.html>

Hi Francesco,

most of these are fairly old. I've tried the first link, but the patch
didn't apply cleanly, and I failed to manually insert the failed
hunks. Probably too much has changed since.
Maybe some of them are not relevant any more?
In any case, since you understand the purpose of these changes better
than me, it would help me a lot if you refreshed these patches against
current tip and reposted them (using hg bundle or just zipped).

thanks

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek
computing expert