Re: GCC for octave/mingw32 (and ,mingw64?) (was OctaveForWindows Wiki (C

From: Benjamin Lindner
Subject: Re: GCC for octave/mingw32 (and ,mingw64?) (was OctaveForWindows Wiki (CategoryInstall) is updated (2009-08-24))
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 20:59:31 +0200

Benjamin Lindner wrote:
However, GCC-4.4.0-Official has the problem to use shared libstdc++ for dll and oct file building.
Please see

http://www.nabble.com/octave-3.2.2-build-with-libstdc%2B%2B_s.a-by-GCC-4.4.0-(MinGW-Official)-td24662825.html#a24879769

Searching around the web I came across the following bug report
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2836185&group_id=2435&atid=102435

It suggests a patch for some of the shared libstd++ errors.
Ans indeed I at least can now successfully link graphicsmagick++ with shared libstd++ using mingw-gcc-4.4.0

Let's see if this is the only bug or others lurk somewhere along the road...

benjamin