Re: A backend("fltk") problem

From: Michael D Godfrey
Subject: Re: A backend("fltk") problem
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 22:03:31 -0700

On 09/02/2009 08:46 PM, Shai Ayal wrote:
The status of the fltk/OpenGL backend as far as I know is consistent
with your observation: printing is not yet implemented - it is (was?)
planned to be done using the gl2ps library (actually consisting of one
c-file and one h-file).

I just looked up the gl2ps stuff.  It is  standard in Fedora 11 and
I just installed it.  I looked quickly at the Manual and it looks pretty
straightforward.
.
So, unless you would rather do this yourself, could you very
briefly indicate where to start in the Octave code?

Earlier today I was working on some stuff with a number of
plots (and subplots).  I tried them with backend("fltk") and the plots
are all obviously better than the current development gnuplot-based
results.  This reinforces my view that it would be very helpful to
get this working.  Printing appears to be the main problem.

Michael