Re: multiple precision version of BLAS and LAPACK

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: multiple precision version of BLAS and LAPACK
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 07:52:26 +0200

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 7:10 AM, Maho NAKATA <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi developers of octave,
> my name is Nakata Maho, Japanese, who is interested in Octave.
> Thanks for good software!
>
> Just my interest, I have been developing multiple precision version
> of BLAS and LAPACK, using qd/dd/gmp [1]. I have a principal developer of
> SDPA-GMP [2], semidefinite programming solver using GMP. Actually,
> MPACK, multiple precision arithmetic version of BLAS and LAPACK I have
> developing is from the SDPA-GMP.
>
> I wonder what I can contribute to octave. Any advice is really appreciated.
>
> [1] http://mplapack.sourceforge.net/
> [2] http://sdpa.indsys.chuo-u.ac.jp/sdpa/download.html
>
> Best,
> -- Nakata Maho http://accc.riken.jp/maho/ , http://ja.openoffice.org/
>   Nakata Maho's PGP public keys: http://accc.riken.jp/maho/maho.pgp.txt

Hello,

Octave can conveniently be extended using external C++ packages. If
you'd like to contribute a multi-precision package, probably the best
way to start is to check out David Bateman's fixed point numbers
package:
http://octave.sourceforge.net/fixed/
I don't think we want multiprecision computing in Octave's core now,
but that may change in the future.

hth

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek