Re: decreasing compile time tricks?

From: Robert T. Short
Subject: Re: decreasing compile time tricks?
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 13:12:04 -0700

Shai Ayal wrote:
On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 9:35 PM, Robert T. Short
<address@hidden> wrote:

Shai Ayal wrote:

Hi

I have again started playing with the source (got a new modern
computer). I usually just change fltk_backend, but doing a make still
takes a few minuets and does lots of things.
I recall there were some options to reduce compile time -- can someone
remind me?

Shai

Shai,  the easiest thing to do is just turn off the debugging symbols.

I will compile the whole thing with no debug symbols and then just recompile
the modules I am working on with debug symbols in.

How do you do that?
Shai

There is probably a simpler way than this, but you can turn debugging off globally with an option to configure (don't remember which one).  I just configure normally and then edit the file Makeconf.  Edit the file, remove all '-g' compiler options.  Compile the whole thing, then put them back for the modules that you want debugging symbols for.

The flags are things like CXXFLAGS

Bob
Bob