GCC of MinGW was updated to 4.5.0

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: GCC of MinGW was updated to 4.5.0
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 08:54:02 +0900 (JST)

Hello

For those who to build octave from source on MinGW platform.

GCC of MinGW was updated to 4.5.0 on March 13, 2010.

>From this release, linking shared runtime libraries are default except for C.

>From release note
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/MinGW%20Proposed/gcc-4.5.0_20100311-1/gcc-4.5.0_20100311-1-mingw32.RELEASE_NOTES.txt/view
**********
* Shared libgcc: If all modules are linked with -shared-libgcc,
  exceptions can be thrown across DLL boundaries.  Note that this is
  the default for all languages other than C. To disable this, use
  -static-libgcc.

* Shared libstdc++: By default, C++ modules are linked with a DLL version
  of libstdc++. To use the static version, use the -static-libstdc++ flag.
*********

The above change will be useful for libtool build for the development branch.
I have just been noticed. I will try it from now

Regards

Tatsuro

Get the new Internet Explorer 8 optimized for Yahoo! JAPAN
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/ie8/