Re: safer way to use gnulib (for other MacOS X users)

From: John Swensen
Subject: Re: safer way to use gnulib (for other MacOS X users)
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 15:34:46 -0400

On Mar 17, 2010, at 3:28 PM, Thomas Treichl wrote:

> Am 16.03.10 23:38, schrieb Ben Abbott:

>>> Except for the one failure I always get with data.cc, all tests pass.

>>> OK, so now we finally have Octave+gnulib working on OS X, except that
>>> we need to do something about the possibility of sigemptyset and
>>> sigaddset being defined as preprocessor macros.
>>
>> I've attached a diff for others who may be building on MacOS X.
>>
>> Ben
>
> Hi Ben,
>
> I wasn't able to build a development snapshot for a very long time because of
> the gnulib problems. With your patch and a fresh gnulib checkout I get the
> following result on my 10.6 machine

>    FAIL      0
>
> So wow, thanks to all developers!
>
>  Thomas

Can one of the OSX users who have completed the build give the steps they took?
 I have been reading through the mailing list and got lost in all the different
things that have been attempted.  I just tried by using all the dependencies
supplied by fink and am getting a gfortran issue.  Is there a reason that the
Octave is complaining about the fink gfortran?

It has been months since I have been able to do a recent build and am really
looking forward to working in OSX again, rather than a virtual machine with
Linux.

John