Re: Figure numbers as strings?

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: Figure numbers as strings?
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 08:54:24 -0700

tir, 30 03 2010 kl. 07:40 -0400, skrev Ben Abbott:
> On Mar 30, 2010, at 1:03 AM, Michael D Godfrey wrote:
>
> > On 03/29/2010 09:07 PM, Soren Hauberg wrote:
> >> Matlab does not allow this, and honestly it really is bad style. I would
> >> enjoy being able to use this syntax (well, I already use, it just
> >> doesn't work...)
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> Soren
> >>

> > I hope this gets accepted.  Convenience for users beats lots of
> > other rules...
> >
> > Michael
>
> I have no objections. I haven't tried you patch. How does it handle ...
>
>       figure color r

>       figure 7 color r

That works just fine. 'figure' is already working such that if the
number of input arguments is uneven, the first input argument needs to
be a number or a figure handle. I just added the check that if the input
is a string it is converted to a number. So, the change is not very
intrusive and should pretty much just work.

It is still bad style to pass a string instead of a number, though...

Soren