Re: Book project

From: Levente Torok
Subject: Re: Book project
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 18:25:42 +0200

Not a very recommended way but I would probably use one of the matlab
books as a skeleton in order to help people convert their knowledge or
mature it similar to the case of matlab. Not because matlab (books)
is(are) superior or no-one has the ability to write as good book as it
is for matlab but we have to agree that most people think of octave as
a free alternative of matlab. So we can honestly and humbly taking
advantage of this belief.
On the other hand I would be very happy to have a book with complex examples.
I am also keen on seeing something about the object oriented part as
well as about the embedded C++ coding.
Any time I need to write an embedded octave function in C++ I am
facing with the lack of documentation (not autodoc generated stuff)
and/or useful examples so I usually find myself reading the source
code which is already a very complex and comprehensive.
So I would be grateful to have something easy to read about this or
some introductory to this.

Lev