obscure code features?

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: obscure code features?
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 14:31:07 +0200

hi all,

I'm asking about a couple of particular features. Perhaps someone
(John, David) will be able to answer at least some of the questions

1. A number of octave_value extractors take a bool parameter
frc_str_conv (e.g. double_value). Certain other extractors don't (such
as int8_value).
Except forwarding, it doesn't seem to be actually used anywhere. What
the heck is/was it good for?

2. convert_to_str, convert_to_str_internal - what are these for? Can't
string_value/char_matrix_value be used?

3. why does octave_char_matrix exist at all? (I think I might have
already asked this before, but I'm not sure)

4. The pad parameter to all_strings is not used anywhere. What is/was
it for? Can it be removed? Without that, all_strings could simply call
cellstr_value.

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek, PhD
computing expert & GNU Octave developer