Re: Timeline for 3.4 release?

From: Shai Ayal
Subject: Re: Timeline for 3.4 release?
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 21:54:36 +0300

2010/7/20 John W. Eaton <address@hidden>:
> On 17-Jul-2010, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
>
> | On 21 May 2010 16:46, Thomas Weber <address@hidden> wrote:
> | > is there any timeline for the 3.4 release?
> |
> | Can I ask this question again? We have a segfault in the current
> | Debian packaging that I can't reproduce in the development sources:
> |
> |      http://bugs.debian.org/589303
> |
> | Should we try to backport a fix from the development sources, or
> | should we wait for a 3.4 release? Debian is probably very close to
> | freezing its next release (small freezes have already occurred in some
> | core system areas), so it would be nice to know what should we do
> | concerning Octave for the next stable Debian release.
>
> One thing that we wanted to get working before 3.4 was making legends
> work with the fltk graphics backend.  Even if we add legends to the
> fltk graphics backend, I don't think we should make it the default
> yet.  Does printing work properly with it yet?

printing to eps works. converting to other formats using ghostscript
can be implemented.
As for the legend, Can this be achieved in m-files only, or is there
some basic functionality needed to be coded in c++?

I don't think I'll be able to contribute any significant amount of
work for any of these, so feel free to adopt them

Shai