Re: Deprecating statistics/base/values.m

From: fork
Subject: Re: Deprecating statistics/base/values.m
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 15:26:00 +0000 (UTC)

bpabbott <bpabbott <at> mac.com> writes:

> Is there any objection to deprecating values.m?

There is no "values" function in Matlab, plus it only gives a little bit of
extra functionality ... so my (very small) vote is to deprecate, or move into
OctaveForge/statistics, since having it adds redundancy and clutter, as well as
possibly leading people down a bad path (like "cut" versus "histc" -- one should
use the latter for compatibility and consistency, but the former was easy for me
to find and get used to)

http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/ref/funcalpha.html#V