Re: wait_for_file ??

From: bpabbott
Subject: Re: wait_for_file ??
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2010 15:07:15 +0000 (GMT)

On 02 Sep, 2010,at 10:52 AM, Michael D Godfrey <address@hidden> wrote:

Ben,

Just to clarify what is wrong for anyone who may be able to
help:

Under some circumstances when using a command of the form:
print gl2ps_t1x.pdf -dpdfwrite
or
print gl2ps_t1x.pdf -dpdf

the process which writes the intermediate *.eps file to /tmp,
does not complete before the gs command which reads this file
and creates the PDF is executed.  The fix that is needed is to
ensure that these steps are executed in sequence in the sense
that control does not reach the gs execution before the eps file has
been created.

Michael

Michael,

Can you try the patch I sent today with `drawnow ("eps", "/dev/null")'. If we need to write another file, I prefer this solution.

And can you try adding pause() statement in place of the __wait_for_file__() and check the box running Octave to see if (1) the file exists but the octave session just doesn't see it, or (2) the files actually does not exist.

I tried to do this today, but in all cases the file is present and the Octave session sees it.

Ben