How is Octave going

From: Steve Thompson
Subject: How is Octave going
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 14:07:09 -0800

Dear maintainers,

I've not been following GNU Octave dev. since grad school.  Checking
the News archive, it looks like Octave is alive and well.

I've always been a fan of Octave, but have been using Matlab for the
last few years in my job. Recently I got annoyed by the flex license
manager crap and brought Octave back into my life, and I feel young
again!

Just curious if John W. Eaton is still leading the project, or if
industry snapped him up.

Thanks,
Steve