Re: add ARPACK to the Octave sources?

From: marco atzeri
Subject: Re: add ARPACK to the Octave sources?
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 09:33:10 +0100

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 2:15 PM, Søren Hauberg  wrote:
> fre, 28 01 2011 kl. 08:10 -0500, skrev John W. Eaton:
>> Does anyone object to making these changes before 3.4?
>>
>> If not, then I will check these changes in.
>
> This is probably the best solution at the moment. The only alternative I
> see is to fork ARPACK and maintain it as a separate library. This might
> make sense if other projects (R, scilab, ...) are using it and would be
> willing to help maintain it. For now, it is probably easier to just
> include it with Octave.
>
> Søren

from a search on http://pkgs.org/ database
seems that arpack is at least used by

freefem++
     http://www.freefem.org/ff++/

SLEPc, the Scalable Library for Eigenvalue Problem Computations.
    http://www.grycap.upv.es/slepc/

freemat
    http://freemat.sourceforge.net/

Elmer   Open Source Finite Element Software for Multiphysical Problems
     http://www.csc.fi/english/pages/elmer

Marco