Re: QtOctave probably EOL

From: Richard Crozier
Subject: Re: QtOctave probably EOL
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 08:58:55 +0100

 On 13/07/2011 02:05, Jordi GutiƩrrez Hermoso wrote:
> I meant to mention this a while ago: QtOctave has been orphaned by its
> original creator, Pedro Lucas. I mentioned to him how Quint could be
> its successor, integrated into the Octave sources, and he welcomed the
> idea. There a number of collaborators of Pedro Lucas who seem
> interested in working on it and are in the process of learning Qt to
> do so. This is happening in the Spanish language QtOctave mailing
> list. Now that a GUI is a release goal of 3.6 (or should we push that
> to 4.0?), would it be ok to invite them to participate in this
> discussion in the main maintainers mailing list?
>
> - Jordi G. H.

I did some work on QtOctave, and as far as I could tell, was the last
person to do so, at least I was the last person to check anything into
the repository. Noone else checked anything in the whole time I worked
on it.

Learning Qt is easy from my experience.

Would working on Quint require building octave and dependencies from
scratch? Contributing to QtOctave was easy as it was just a small
program that was easy to build on any platform using cmake. I developed
in windows for instance.

Richard (crobar in the QtOctave repo)

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.