Integrated IRC Client in Quint

From: Jacob Dawid
Subject: Integrated IRC Client in Quint
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 08:29:00 +0200

Hello everyone,

yesterday I took sources from qirc, a small irc client that was abandoned, and integrated a tiny IRC Client in Quint. The idea is to offer new, unexperienced users the possibility to directly ask someone. For now the interface is pretty simple, changing the nick is not supported. Users that are logged in via Quint get the nick QuintUserN, where N is a number.

Currently, the client connects to #octave directly at startup. I am aware that this may be undesired bevaviour, so there will be an option to turn the chat off.

Greetings,
Jacob

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.

Whitespace - the most ink saving programming language: http://compsoc.dur.ac.uk/whitespace/index.php .