Re: Octave GUI

From: Jacob Dawid
Subject: Re: Octave GUI
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 15:00:32 +0200

Hey John,

you should be able to build on OSX with the same codebase without any changes. I included everything OSX-specific that you supplied previously in "mac { }". Currently, there is no gui in the main repository, so we do not have to fear conflicts.

2011/7/18 John Swensen <address@hidden>

On Jul 18, 2011, at 8:39 AM, Jacob Dawid wrote:

> I renamed all occurences of "Quint" completely to "Octave GUI". It will be solely maintained on https://bitbucket.org/jordigh/gnu-octave/ in the subdirectory "gui" from now on. Also, all it's code is now following GNU standards.

How closely does Jordi's bitbucket branch follow the main mercurial repository?  Shouldn't "gui" have its own branch.  My only concern is that if I start contributing to the gui again that other changes to Jordi's branch will have adverse effects on my ability to build on OSX.  That may not be the case, but I prefer to have as few changing variables as possible when trying to debug issues.

John Swensen

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.

Whitespace - the most ink saving programming language: http://compsoc.dur.ac.uk/whitespace/index.php .