Re: segfault on 'make check'

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: segfault on 'make check'
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 06:56:15 -0500

On  6-Dec-2011, John W. Eaton wrote:

> [...]
| | > |
| | > |

| Are we using fontconfig incorrectly or is it buggy?  I noticed that
| valgrind produces some warnings related to fontconfig functions, but I
| did not try to fix them.
|
| Also, I don't see the other crashes.  I'm using Debian x86_64.  What
| kind of system do you have?
|
| Although we can apparently avoid the crashes by not calling the
| cleanup functions, it seems we are just hiding some other problems if
| we do that.  Or there is some error in the way the cleanup functions
| work that I'm not seeing.

After looking at this for a while, I think the assertion failure in
fontconfig is a bug in fontconfig, but I don't have a simple example
that will cause the failure.

I checked in a few more changes that seem to fix the crashes for me.
For now, I'm skipping the cleanup function for gh_manager.  I intend
to fix it properly but I haven't quite finished the change yet.