Re: Unbundling ARPACK (for reals this time)

From: Jussi Lehtola
Subject: Re: Unbundling ARPACK (for reals this time)
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 22:54:15 +0200

On Sun, 11 Dec 2011 21:35:37 +0100
marco atzeri <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 12/11/2011 7:39 PM, Jussi Lehtola wrote:
> > $ rpm -q libtool
> > libtool-2.4-7.fc16.x86_64
> >
> > I think you need to add libtool to the tarball.
>
> try "autoreconf -i"
> I had no problem to build arpack on cygwin

Yes, running autoreconf will "fix" this problem, but normally release
tarballs include all relevant files and installation of autotools is
not necessary.

One reason for this is that autotools have shown to be unreliable:
there is no guarantee of cross-version compatibility.

Since you're shipping configure (and other scripts) that are generated
by autotools, please add the missing libtool to the tarball as well.
--
Jussi Lehtola
Fedora Project Contributor