Re: New manual chapter on vectorization

From: Michael D Godfrey
Subject: Re: New manual chapter on vectorization
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2011 23:11:57 -0800

On 12/26/2011 10:52 PM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
I will push the cset soon, but this is how it's starting to turn out:

    http://jordi.platinum.linux.pl/octave.html/Vectorization-and-Faster-Code-Execution.html

I have lots more to say about accumulation and vectorisation examples
as well as broadcasting, but as far as satisfying the release
requirements of 3.6, I think this close to done.

Suggestions welcome.

- Jordi G. H.
Very good start!  For 3.6 it would be very nice if a few of the planned "Examples"
could be included.

Notes:
>>compiler and external numerical libraries eused to build Octave

>>The ultimate goal is to make use of your hardware's vector instructions if possible or to perform other optimizations in software.

Would you want to say anything more specific, including distributed processing?

Michael