Re: java package

From: Robert T. Short
Subject: Re: java package
Date: Wed, 09 May 2012 10:54:43 -0700

On 05/09/2012 09:49 AM, John W. Eaton wrote:
I received a request to make the java package from Octave Forge part
of Octave.  A number of the functions provided by the Octave Forge
java package are distributed as part of Matlab, not a separate
toolbox, so it makes sense to me to include them in Octave as well.
Is there any objection to doing that?

jwe

I'm not a fan, but if it doesn't affect those of us who don't use it, I can't really think of an objection. Would this be something in the DLD directory? Would it add significantly to the size/startup time/??? of the program? If not, then then go for it. Sounds like you have really decided to do it anyway.

Bob