Octave coming the Android

From: Corbin Champion
Subject: Octave coming the Android
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 09:55:55 -0700

Octave maintainers,
As some of you may have seen from my discussions on this list or elsewhere, I am working on porting Octave to Android.  Actually, I am working on getting Octave, gnuplot, a decent touch interface and quite a bit more into a Android application and distributed on the Android Market.  I have worked through what I believe to be all the major technical hurdles and need to spend some focused time to complete the idea.  To this end, I have launched a kickstarter campaign http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/6438588/sombreros-for-the-android-world .  You can see all that is planned there and watch a video about the project that answers many questions.  The goal is to raise money for this work, but even if you don't have money to give or don't want to give money, there are other ideas for how you can help listed there.  Please consider helping in one way or another and expanded the Octave universe.  You may be helping yourself out, but you will certainly be helping others out.
Thanks,
Corbin