Re: Compiling questions

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: Compiling questions
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 04:42:28 -0500

On 05/15/2012 04:04 AM, Wei Jin wrote:
Hi all,

I am trying to add few preconditioner to octave, maybe ilut,iluc, or arms.

After building the whole program, I add new .cc file to the source,
and then I need to compile whole program again, it cost too much time.

Is there better way to compile after I add new .cc file, I don't want
recompile the part I didn't change.

I assume you are adding the .cc file to some list in a make file. Touching the make file is probably what triggers a recall of the main subdirectory (probably not the whole program, but main is where most of the code is so nearly the whole program).

You could cheat and add the .cc file to the make file, then after saving roll back the date of the make file to where it was before editing the file.

Dan