Re: Variable naming in bitset changeset

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Variable naming in bitset changeset
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 13:37:19 -0400

On 16 May 2012 13:02, Rik <address@hidden> wrote:
> When you re-wrote bitset the function definition was changed as shown below:
>
> -function C = bitset (A, n, val)
> +function A = bitset (A, n, val)
[snip]
> If there was a performance reason for making the change then that might
> trump my code clarity concerns.

The only reason is that I didn't want to create a new variable C for
memory usage concerns, so I decided to use A "in-place".  Come to
think of it, due to COW semantics, it probably doesn't make a
difference, so feel free to change it back to C and insert `C =
zeros(size(A))' at the appropriate location.

- Jordi G. H.