QtScript and Toolboxes

From: Daniel Carrera
Subject: QtScript and Toolboxes
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2012 09:38:24 +0100

Hi all,

Now that Octave is going to have a GUI based on Qt, do you think it is feasible that it will eventually have GUI toolboxes that can be programmed either in _javascript_ or in Octave's native language itself?

I have never used QtScript, but the idea sounds interesting. Or alternatively Octave could provide its own API to make GUIs. I am not going to write something like Simulink for Octave, but I could write a simple toolbox to access astronomical data, like the Hipparcos catalogue.

Cheers,
Daniel.
--
I'm not overweight, I'm undertall.