Re: changeset for configuring with Java on OSX

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: changeset for configuring with Java on OSX
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 07:51:34 -0500

On Nov 27, 2012, at 6:50 AM, c. wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In order for configure to correctly set flags
> for building with java on my OSX 10.6 system, I had
> to apply the attached changeset.
> This should not affect other systems.
> Can someone with newer OSX test it?
> Would it be OK if I push it?
>
> c.

Lines 774-775 mention and define the variable LFLAGS.  This variable is never
used.  Should those lines be removed?  Or should LFLAGS be changed to JAVA_LIBS?

            # Sneak the -framework flag into mkoctfile via LFLAGS
            LFLAGS="$LFLAGS -framework JavaVM"

The change of "echo -n ..." to "echo ..." effects all platforms.  Might that
break the configure process for other operating systems?  Of is the "-n" option
extraneous in these assignments?

Ben