Re: Windows builds segfaulting

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: Windows builds segfaulting
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 22:41:06 +0100

Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
On 30 November 2012 15:11, Philip Nienhuis<address@hidden>  wrote:
Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso-2 wrote
We're getting semi-regular bug reports from Windows users about how
the Windows build keeps segfaulting. Looks like a BLAS problem. Can
the Windows users please help here? I would like to (1) find all of
those bug reports and mark them as duplicate and (2) do something
about it so that we don't get these reports anymore.

AFAIK the libblas.dll issue holds mainly for the MinGW versions. There's
also the "clear all" segfault and possibly some more I cannot recall at this
very moment.

I think having the reference libblas.dll installed rather than one of the
optimized (&  CPU type dependent) ones would help; OTOH Octave can get
significantly slower then.

The best thing would be to have an installer for the MinGW versions
[snip]
I simply lack time to sort this out myself.

How about chasing down the multiple bug reports in the tracker about
this same issue? Can anyone else please do this? I think there's like
five of them right now.

Only five? I figured there would be more. There must be several others in the Help ML as well. A little problem is that currently it isn't possible (at least, I haven't found out how) to filter bugs on "Operating system". It seems to be the one missing selector....

Also, searching for "Windows" or "MinGW" always gives me loads of hits outside Octave's bug tracker (i.e., other projects). Must be my ignorance again ;-(

I've done a little hunt (but I'll have to switch to other issues now): 35769, 34822, 37231, 36144 (-supposedly).
Which 5 did you find?

Philip