Portable sh programming in configure.ac

From: Rik
Subject: Portable sh programming in configure.ac
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2012 17:24:14 -0800

12/24/12

Michael,

In changeset 15836 you introduced double-quoted backtick expressions with
escaped double quotes (expressions of the form var="`...\"...\"...`").
According to the portable sh guidelines from Autoconf (section 11.8
http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/manual/autoconf.html#Shell-Substitutions)
this isn't portable.  I switched the expressions to the form
var=`..."..."...` and it works with my version of Bourne sh.  Could you
verify that the attached changeset also works with the MSYS shell?  If it
does then I will commit it.  Otherwise, we can search for a different solution.

--Rik