Re: [Octave] Mesh

From: c.
Subject: Re: [Octave] Mesh
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2013 14:22:09 +0200

On 31 May 2013, at 09:39, address@hidden wrote:

> Message: 3
> Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 00:52:31 +0200
> From: Marco Vassallo <address@hidden>
> To: "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
> Subject: [Octave] Mesh
>
> I would like to understand a little bit about mesh in Octave as
> I have to use them with dolfin Mesh.
> I have seen the forge pkg msh, but the documentation is not
> very exhaustive.

Marco the mesh format used by the msh package is extremely simple and is
described
here in detail for 2D:

http://octave.sourceforge.net/msh/function/msh2m_structured_mesh.html

and here for 3D

http://octave.sourceforge.net/msh/function/msh3m_structured_mesh.html

essentially it is just an Octave structure with 3 matrix fields:

p is the list of vertices
t is the connectivity matrix
e is the list of boundary facets

if you find that documentation unclear I'd be very glad to accept you patches
to make more
clear and to provide guidance in helping you prepare those patches.

> Is msh the only way in wich we can manage
> mesh in Octave or there is some other options?

yes msh is the only currently available mesh managing package I am aware of
and it is part of Octave-Forge, not Octave.

> Marco V.

c.