Re: Octave Gui Bug (Maybe)

From: Patrick Martin
Subject: Re: Octave Gui Bug (Maybe)
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 21:49:40 -0400

I reverted the tree as instructed and I checked the config.h file and I get:

#undef HAVE_QSCINTILLA

but it is commented out.

Patrick Martin, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Electrical and Computer Engineering
York College of Pennsylvania

On Jun 6, 2013, at 11:53 AM, Daniel J Sebald <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 06/06/2013 06:57 AM, Patrick Martin wrote:
>> Thanks for digging into this issue! I logged into my Gnome desktop
>> environment and it does not work either. In fact, if I go to the menu
>> and select "Open.." no file browser window pops up.
>>
>> I did check my ubuntu synaptic manager and saw that libqscintilla is not
>> installed. I have now installed it. Should I recompile and add back in
>> the line you told me to comment?
>
> Yes.  "hg revert --all" in the project sourcetree will also restore the file
> without having to edit.  Installing libqscintilla is what you need to do.  To
> make sure you have all the necessary header files and utilities, do this
> check after configure and before recompiling to possibly save some time:
>
>  [sebald@ build1]$ grep QSCINTILLA config.h
>  #define HAVE_QSCINTILLA 1
>
> I will enter a bug report for what you've uncovered, thank you.  And please
> continue to be a test-source for XFCE.
>
> Dan
This information is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is
addressed.
Any review, disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail
communication by
others is strictly prohibited.  If you are  not the intended recipient, please
notify us
immediately by returning  this message to the sender and delete all copies.