Re: strain is in core and the strings package

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: strain is in core and the strings package
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 01:14:29 +0000 (GMT)

On Jun 23, 2013, at 12:14 PM, Carnë Draug <address@hidden> wrote:

On 23 June 2013 08:10, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
> We've recently added a Matlab compatible strjoin() to Octave's core functions. What should be done with the incompatible strjoin() in the strings package?

Nothing. The function was removed from the package as soon as it was
implemented in Octave [1]. If anything, someone needs to released the
strings package when the new Octave version is released.

Carnë

[1] http://sourceforge.net/p/octave/strings/ci/b269a39405892d0fd3b2bf88e3f22421402a8a46

Ok.  Thanks.  I misled myself by trusting the on-line docs to be an accurate reflection of the package contents.

http://octave.sourceforge.net/strings/overview.html

They docs obviously lag behind the developers sources.  My mistake.

Ben