2 questions about MXE

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: 2 questions about MXE
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 13:53:49 -0400

1) Is there a reason not to enable SSE2 support when compiling FFTW, except to support old CPU's?
2) When compiling curl with MSVC, I noticed that SSL support got disabled at configure time, although --with-gnutls is specified. I think it's due to curl configure script using pkg-config to detect gnutls, but it's using the one from ./usr/bin, which is looking into ./usr/lib/pkgconfig, while gnutls.pc has been installed in ./usr/i686-pc-mingw32/lib/pkgconfig. Does the problem occurs with native MinGW and how is it dealt with? Shouldn't we have a natively compiled pkg-config instead?

Michael.