Re: Problem with the command window of the GUI

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Problem with the command window of the GUI
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2013 23:27:59 -0500

On 11/04/2013 11:14 PM, Daniel J Sebald wrote:
On 11/04/2013 06:10 AM, Richard Crozier wrote:
On 04/11/2013 11:58, Torsten wrote:
On 04.11.2013 12:18, Richard Crozier wrote:
On 04/11/2013 10:40, Julien Bect wrote:

I still see this behavior. There are pathces for this issue in
https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?8091 but the discussion have never been
finished. The last patch version truncates the first line of the startup
message.

Torsten

hmm, I would actually consider this bug a blocker for the release, as it
makes the terminal in the gui unusable once it happens unless you resize
the window.

I thought it was pretty high priority at the time as well, but forgot
about this. My preference at the time was alignment with the bottom of
the window (just as my mail composer is doing as I type right now).
Torsten added a patch that will align with the top, but always leave
space at the bottom so that a line is never obscured. Either way is
better than current.

I applied Dan's patch to align at the bottom.

Thanks,